First Tennessee Bank was 150 years old on March 25, 2014. To celebrate our long tradition of serving our communities,
the First Tennessee Foundation gave away $5,000 to a different nonprofit every day for 150 days, starting on the bank’s birthday.
We called it our 150 Days of Giving. These were our rules:
Eligible organizations are those the First Tennessee Foundation has supported since 2008 through a
direct grant or a matching gift for one of our employees. More than 1,000 nonprofits are eligible for the
150 Days of Giving.
- 150 Days of Giving winners will be determined by voting between March 13-August 21.
- Once voting begins, anyone can vote for up to 10 different nonprofit organizations each day, from each device.
You won’t have to register to vote, and people with more than one device can vote from each device once per day.
- Votes will continue to count throughout the 150 Days of Giving.
- On March 25 at midnight we’ll select our first
winner. And the winning will continue for 150 days.
- Winners will be determined by the organization that receives the highest number of cumulative votes by midnight of each day.
- Each organization can win once during the 150 Days
of Giving. On our website we’ll indicate which organizations
have won, and those organizations will no longer be eligible
- Of course, the winning organization must be on the IRS current list of 501(c)(3) organizations and meet
the First Tennessee Foundation guidelines to receive a grant in the 150 Days of Giving.
- You can learn more by watching our 3-minute video on
Building stronger communities has been
vital to First Tennessee’s success for the past 150 years. The
First Tennessee Foundation’s 150 Days of Giving is one way
we’re celebrating our past and focusing on our future. We hope
you’ll join the celebration.
the First Tennessee Foundation or call (901) 523-4112.